This course focuses on ways in which entrepreneurs recognize opportunities, generate ideas, and organize resources to plan successful ventures that enable them to achieve their goals. Students will create a venture plan for a school-based or student-run business. Through hands-on experiences, students will have opportunities to develop the values, traits, and skills most often associated with successful entrepreneurs.
Enterprising People and Entrepreneurs
- analyse the characteristics and contributions of enterprising people;
- compare the characteristics and contributions of various entrepreneurs;
- assess their own entrepreneurial and enterprising potential.
Ideas and Opportunities for New Ventures
- explain the importance of invention and innovation to venture creation;
- analyse various methods of generating ideas and identifying opportunities to satisfy needs and wants;
- generate realistic new ideas and identify possible opportunities for a school-based or student-run business;
- conduct primary and secondary marketing research to evaluate the idea or opportunity for their proposed venture.
The Benefits of a Venture Plan
- assess the importance of having a venture plan;
- analyse the structure and content of a venture plan;
- explain how to evaluate and revise a venture plan.
Developing and Completing a Venture Plan for the Proposed Business
- analyse the resources required to run their chosen venture;
- complete the components of an effective production plan for their chosen venture;
- complete the components of an effective marketing plan for their chosen venture;
- complete the components of an effective financial plan for their chosen venture;
- produce, using appropriate software, a venture plan for their chosen venture.